Earlier today, Congress national president and Leader of the Opposition in Rajya Sabha Mallikarjun Kharge paid tribute to Gandhi at Rajghat. Born on October 2, 1869, in Porbandar town of Gujarat, Mahatma Gandhi or Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi adopted a non-violent resistance and was at the forefront of the freedom struggle against colonial British rule.
"This Gandhi Jayanti, let us expose the total and complete hypocrisy of those who appropriate Gandhian symbols - his spectacles, charkha and walking stick - and project his legacy to the world, but are simply unable and unwilling to uphold all the values he championed and ultimately laid down his life for," Ramesh said.
- Manipur crisis: Chief Minister N Biren Singh exposes collaboration of Kuki Militants with external forces
- Centre stopped funds on purpose: TMC general secretary Abhishek Banerjee
- Siddaramaiah rejects allegations of sidelining Lingayats; BJP seizes opportunity
- New disability pension rules: Congress mobilises defence veterans
- Two family-based parties stalled Telangana progress: PM Modi
- Congress will buck 3-decade-old alternating govt trend in Rajasthan: Sachin Pilot
- Don't need 'Miya' votes for 10 years: Assam CM
- Rs 12,000 power bill criteria removed for BPL card benefits: CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- If INDIA bloc wins 2024 LS polls, country will follow principles of Ambedkar, Lohia: Akhilesh Yadav
- BJP engineered splits in parties started by 'Marathi people': Supriya Sule on Shiv Sena, NCP breaking up
- Have informed Congress leaders about who will get tickets for MP polls: Kamal Nath
- Ajay Maken appointed Congress' new treasurer
- Have urged Centre to implement OPS for Delhi govt employees: CM Kejriwal
- Khattar takes dig at Haryana Congress' organisational structure, 'infighting' among leaders