The Counsel representing the companies informed the Chennai bench of National Company Law Appellate Tribunal (NCLAT) about the settlement and sought permission to withdraw insolvency litigations, according to PTI.
A two-member bench comprising Justice M Venugopal and Shreesha Merla took their submissions on record and set aside the order admitting CDGL to insolvency.
On August 11, NCLAT through an interim order had stayed the operations of the order of National Company Law Tribunal (NCLT) that directed the initiation of insolvency proceedings against CDGL.
This NCLT order was challenged by Malavika Hegde, Director of CDGL and the wife of late VG Siddhartha (owner of Cafe Coffee Day chain) before the appellate tribunal.
On July 20, the Bengaluru bench of NCLT passed an order over a plea filed by IndusInd Bank, a financial creditor of the company, claiming dues of Rs 94 crore.
NCLT had also appointed Shailendra Ajmera as the interim resolution professional after suspending the board.
CDGL had requested a short-term loan of Rs 115 crore in February 2019.
As per the annual report of its parent firm Coffee Day Enterprises Ltd (CDEL) for FY23, CDGL owns 469 cafes in 154 cities and 268 CCD Value Express kiosks. It operated 48,788 vending machines that dispense coffee in corporate workplaces and hotels under the brand.
In 2022-23, CDGL's consolidated net operational revenue was Rs 869 crore and had reported a loss of Rs 67.77 crore.
CDEL is in trouble since the death of founder Chairman V G Siddhartha in July 2019. It is paring its debt through asset resolutions and has significantly reduced it from the time the trouble started.
(With inputs from agencies)
- Front Page
- Pure Politics
- Brands & Companies
- Learn more about our print editionMore
- Vedanta to Demerge into Six Listed Companies
Resources conglomerate Vedanta, which faces bond redemptions exceeding $3 billion over the next 18 months at its UK-based holding company, Friday said it would demerge into six listed companies to undergird the valuations of its revenue streams as diverse as mining, energy, and non-ferrous metals.Jewellery Chains Put their Hallmark on Small Towns
Latha Radhakrishnan used to travel to Coimbatore city to buy gold jewellery from Tanishq's store there, but she now has the option to buy it closer home, as the Titan co-owned chain has opened an outlet at Pollachi.Sony-Zee Show Runs Into Overtime; Legal Glitches Behind Delay: Experts
Sony Group Corp Friday said that there would be a delay of several months in the merger of its local media unit Sony Pictures Networks India with Zee Entertainment Enterprises (ZEEL), while adding that both parties would pursue the processes necessary to close the deal that aims to create one of the biggest media companies in Asia’s third-largest economy.
Download The Economic Times News App to get Daily Market Updates & Live Business News.
- Vande Bharat trains will be cleaned in 14 minutes from Oct 1 onwards: Railway Minister
- A M Naik steps down as chairman of L&T Group
- UP government to auction land for data centres near Jewar airport
- Satya MicroCapital raises $60 million from Japan's Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation
- Investment of Rs 6k cr approved by Centre under PLI scheme for pharma, medical devices sectors: Amit Shah
- Airtel says got 50 mn 5G customers in just one year
- Registration of properties in Mumbai up 23 pc in Sept to about 10,600 units: Knight Frank
- Espire Hospitality plans to have 20 hotels by FY25 with Rs 560 crore capex
- Dell looks to increase investment in Bengaluru R&D centre
- Vedanta in search of nirvana: A look into the six-way split of the conglomerate