BPCL is seeking to sell at least 40,000 metric tons of 10ppm sulphur gasoil loading Oct. 26-27 from Kochi, according to a document seen by Reuters.
The tender closes on Oct. 3, with same-day validity.
The refiner had previously offered contractual 10ppm sulphur gasoil cargoes in April 2022, for delivery between July 2022 and January this year, Reuters records showed.
This sudden offer could be due to strong profits overseas, despite a drop in domestic levies last Friday. Recent October-loading deals for India-origin gasoil are at premiums of around $6 a barrel to free-on-board Arab Gulf quotes - a rise from $4 for September loaders, one of the three sources said.
The state-owned refiner previously sought to buy gasoil cargoes for end-June to early July delivery to its Mumbai refinery, likely due to planned maintenance for some diesel-producing units in its Kochi refinery, a second source said.
BPCL did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
- Front Page
- Pure Politics
- Learn more about our print editionMore
- Surge in Q2 FMCG, Phone, Car Sales may Bring Festive Cheer
Sales of fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG), cars, smartphones, and household appliances surged in the September quarter, both sequentially and year-on-year, company executives told ET.Piyush Goyal, Chandrasekhar to Grace ET Startup Awards
Union Cabinet minister Piyush Goyal and minister of state Rajeev Chandrasekhar will be the guests of honour at a dazzling ceremony to celebrate the winners of The Economic Times Startup Awards on Saturday, October 7.GST Collections in Sept Jump 10% to ₹1.63 L cr
Goods and services tax (GST) collections rose 10% to ₹1.63 lakh crore in September from a year earlier , maintaining the recent robust pace of growth, showed data released on Tuesday.
Download The Economic Times News App to get Daily Market Updates & Live Business News.
- Coal India production rises 12.6 pc in Sep
- How AI is changing the pharmaceutical industry in India
- TVS Motor sales rise 6 pc in Sep
- India office market shows resilience, Q3 net absorption at 6-quarter high
- Tatas evaluate bid for UTI AMC as Reliance enters the MF space
- Indian auto industry breaks records: 363,733 cars and SUVs sold in September
- Cheques & Balances: Performance to sign off on CEO pay hikes
- Allied Blenders & Distillers (ABD) names Alok Gupta as new MD
- Retailers up in arms over Flipkart ad on phone offers
- Carmakers raise prices, cut offers on best-sellers amid strong demand