Exports were higher at 17,400 units last month from 13,501 units in September 2022, an increase of 29 per cent.
"While the industry grew by 2 per cent last month, our domestic dispatches were up 9 per cent. The share of SUV sales in our overall volumes continues to grow," Hyundai Motor India COO Tarun Garg told PTI.
The ongoing festive season has resulted in strong sales momentum, helping the automaker achieve 9 per cent growth, he added.
"Our strong SUV portfolio has received a further boost with the exceptional customer response to the newly launched Exter," Garg said.
The company has garnered over 80,000 bookings for its recently introduced micro SUV Exter, he added.
Garg said SUVs now contribute more than 65 per cent to the company's domestic sales. He said that despite enhanced competition in the market, Creta continues to lead in the mid-sized SUV segment.
Garg noted that despite various challenges like high interest rates and inflation in the market, the automaker remains positive about its sales performance this year.
The automaker expects to end the year with 9 per cent year-on- year sales growth over last year, Garg said. Hyundai's order backlog stands at 1.15 lakh units.
- Front Page
- Pure Politics
- Bottom Line
- Deep Dive
- Learn more about our print editionMore
- India Sees Normal Rainfall Despite El Niño Conditions
India received ‘normal’ rainfall during the four-month-long monsoon season despite El Niño conditions, the India Meteorological Department (IMD) said on Saturday.Byju’s Puts Up a Two-week Notice for FY22 Results
Byju's said on Saturday that it would in the second week of October present the audited fiscal-2022 results to its board, advisory council as well as investors Peak XV Partners and Prosus that have recently withdrawn their representatives from the edtech firm’s board.‘No Inflation Risk from Rising Oil Prices’
The latest spike in oil prices may have a marginal impact on India's FY24 wholesale and retail inflation, said economists. However, they said crude sustaining above the $90-level could be a downside risk for core inflation as companies begin passing on high input costs.
Read More News on
Download The Economic Times News App to get Daily Market Updates & Live Business News.
- Tata Housing to launch Rs 16,000-cr residential projects in next 2-3 years: MD & CEO Sanjay Dutt
- M&M auto sales up 17 per cent at 75,604 units in September
- Demand for office space remains strong in India: Report
- Tata Steel aims to complete decarbonisation at UK plant in next 3 years, says CEO Narendran
- Toyota achieves highest-ever monthly sales in Sept at 23,590 units
- JLR plans to roll out 8 battery electric vehicles in India by 2030
- Visakhapatnam Port will reach 100% landlord port model by 2030, says Port Authority Chairman Angamuthu
- Gas price for Reliance cut by 18% to $10; rate for gas that feed CNG, PNG supplies unchanged at $6.5
- Commercial LPG gets costlier by Rs 209, effective October 1
- Family offices and UHNIs take direct investment route for higher returns